All facts via mobile-cusine.com
- Denver lays claim to the invention of the cheeseburger. In 1935, Louis Ballast of Humpty Dumpty Drive-In was awarded the trademark, yet he never enforced it.
- The largest cheeseburger ever made in the world weighed in at a whopping 777 pounds. Created June 2, 2011 at the Alameda County Fair in California by Juicy’s, the giant burger also featured 50 pounds of cheese. The bun alone weighed in at 272 pounds and contained an estimated 1.375 million calories.
- September 18th is National Cheeseburger Day.
- Mayor McCheese, the giant cartoon cheeseburger who served as the mayor of McDonaldland from 1971-1985, was at the center of a lawsuit filed against McDonalds over the character’s resemblance to H.R. Pufnstuf. It was settled in 1977.
- Our 'Big Daddy' burger is named for Chef/Owner Jeff Tunks, who is widely known by that nickname in all of his kitchens!